- Plan out meals and make a shopping list. (we stuck to this for two weeks, although I have been consistent in trying to bring up the meeting every week----cause I am THE best LOL)
- In cereals, breads ET; the first ingredient should say"whole" whatever AND the fiber count should be more than 3.
- The plate method of eating dinners where 1/4 should be protein, 1/4 should be starch, and 1/2 should be veggies.
- 3 regular meals and 2 snacks should be eaten every day. Not more than an hour should pass in the morning before eating breakfast, and not more than three hours should pass between the eating of snacks or meals during the day.
- Be sure that we are eating the proper servings of snacks and meals.
- That my husband in particular should experiment with a new vegetable a week. I love veggies, this is NOT a problem for me.
In the last two weeks, my husband has defaulted to the lame excuse for bringing home calorie rich and nutrition poor sweets. The old "they were all on sale". This is the excuse that follows every holiday for buying the candy that we hardly need NOR is good for us.
I have better self control than my husband, but I am not perfect. I know shocking, right? I find myself lacking control sometimes, and if it's in the house (and lets just say I might have had a couple of glasses of wine), then chocolate and sweet things will be hunted and devoured in my house. It's the only kind of hunting that I don't mind doing myself. Also I don't need to worry about skill with a bow or gun. Husband tends to leave these things out in easy to find places where they can be cornered easily:)
And that is why he sucks. If they are not there in the house in the hidey holes during especially weak moments (sick, tired, stressed, under the wine influence) then I can not eat them. And God knows, I am going to be way to lazy to go out and get them. These things need to be physically brought in the house by someone other than me (except for the very rare Rowan Tree cafe cookie).
So that is why my husband bites the big one. The other undermining thing is when relatives visit of course, and especially if they are not on a healthy course of eating.
That being said, after my birthday week of non stop eating and then many treats being home by husband, I am only up 5 pounds that are quickly coming back off. I gotta say this "rocket science" really makes sense and seems to actually work. Let's see where I am in a couple of months, as this epiphany is still fairly new.