Thursday, November 30, 2006

LOL, Did someone write a book about my a##hole father?

Ten Signs You May Have Had Controlling Parents
When you were growing up, your parents...
1. Overscrutinized your eating, appearance, hobbies, or social life
2. Pressured you with perfectionistic expectations or unattainable standards
3. Forbade you from questioning or disagreeing with them
4. Discouraged you from expressing anger, fear or sadness around them
5. Violated your privacy (this is the one thing that dad didn't really do in this whole list)
6. Intimidated, manipulated or overpowered you
7. Discouraged your efforts to experiment and think for yourself
8. Gave you no say in household rules and responsibilities
9. Seemed unaware of the pain they caused you or others
10. Seemed unwilling to admit they were wrong (and the one time he admitted he might be a shithole for a father, it was still my job to comply with him to make it better)

The link is provided to the author of this book. I haven't read it, cause I think I know everything I ever want to know about controlling shithole parents. Narcistic would be yet another word I would use for them. Sociopaths.

No comments: