Wednesday, March 26, 2008

Virtual Sunday Easter Visit from the S Donor


Can I just post to you the days my dad does and will check this blog? In no particular order they are Easter Sunday, Christmas or Christmas Eve, Father's (hah) Day, Valentine's Day,....do you get the picture?

Interestingly enough these correspond with the days he would do his "S Donor" duty and call, or drop of a card, or prifty's candies. Yup, those were the good old days....hardyharhar. 5-15 minutes of stilted conversation talking to a virtual stranger.

Now I get "virtual" holiday visits. Meanwhile, he ripped up one Christmas card from me, and did not even bother to reply to a Thanksgiving message from me. And now I have realized how good it is to be free of him. I kind or realized that before, I was just being the "dutiful" daughter, which I have realized is a real waste of my time and energy.
What really fascinates me about these visits are that he reads up on himself. Don't you know yourself buddy? I have been assured by you that you are aware you were a crappy father. So you know it's not to "check up" on me, but rather check up on what I am saying about him LOL. Que surprise, my S Donor self serving and selfish, say it isn't so.

Glad I checked sitemeter today, I was stretching for something estrangement related to bitch about.
Anywho, Robert and I gorged ourselves on chocolate from Harbor Candy Shop in Ogunquit ME. Last year we went to the Wentworth for brunch, which I enjoyed but the husband did not (a lot of shrimp and stuff that I like....more lunch than breakfast----which he likes). He wants brunch for his birthday, which we will have at our favorite, Bintliffs, also in Ogunquit. Gingerbread pancakes with lemon curd syrup, now that's what I am talking about. Also the ribs for dinner are to die for.

No comments: