Thursday, September 04, 2008

Rare Political Post


Here is the thing that is really bothering me about Palin. She is pro life/anti abortion. I am pro choice, but that is not the only reason for this dislike of her.


In recent news, they reported that she did not tell her family about her last pregnancy (she knew child was going to have down syndrome), because she wasn't sure SHE was okay with it. Ummm, okay, so those choices are okay for her to make, but not for the rest of the country?????


Or is it perhaps better to give away a child that comes with medical issues such as this to someone unknown other person or facility? I mean, I appreciate that she was honest, but can we address the double standard. Must be all those nasty other women that shouldn't have freedom of choice, and have to jump through hoops to make their own medical decisions.
I wasn't aware that there was no "life" involved for these people IF you have down syndrome.
People with a hypocritical or double standard scare me. And the fact that the press has not even picked up on this.......things that make you go hmmmmmm.

No comments: