Sunday, February 17, 2008

Technology Bitch


So I got behind on all my blogs, thanks to Norton Fing Virus software. See, I didn't see the sense in renewing my subscription for 50.00 a year. I was looking for another software to replace (which I found for free by the way, and found an amazing number of virus and spy ware that friggin Norton never found). In the meantime, what I didn't realize is that when you don't renew, Norton (on it's own by the way) ramps up your firewall.

So the next thing I know, Microsoft is mentioning the firewall and a subscription to their service (but not the fact that your actual virus software may be Fing with you). Took my computer administrator (aka husband), who has a day job by the way, to figure this out in his "spare time".

So I can't get rid of Windows or Microsoft products, but I sure don't need my virus software screwing with me. (bye bye Norton)

No comments: