Thursday, November 25, 2010

Thanksgiving !!

I am thankful for sleeping in this morning (clearly).   I am thankful for my husband who has started Thanksgiving dinner, and is waiting for me to come down and cook with him.   I thankful for warm cinnamon buns and coffee.   I am thankful for Leon and Boris who keep it warm under the covers.   I am thankful that the wind gusts are gone so that I can walk the dogs (including Lola, Gus, Buddy, Jake, and Tommy) in the woods without being too worried that a tree will fall on me or a dog.  

I am thankful for the yummy food that I am going to eat and help prepare shortly.  And again, mostly thankful that everyone and everything that I care about is alive today:)

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Lovely post. Made me feel good all over...happy:) Hope your day is lots of fun.

I thoroughly love dogs, but don't have one currently because of our rental agreement. I lived with a gal who had two Golden Retrievers; I fell hard for them and they for me:) They moved and I miss them a lot.

We do have a semi-wild black cat with a lush black coat and piercing green eyes. We normally let her out for the night, because she shows disdain for the litter box and might demolish our furniture if unsupervised.

Mrs. Cat, DH and I decided to break the rule now that the temps hover in the teens and twenties. So far, so good. I love mothering her...when she lets me:)

Shaun said...

I'm with Anon on this - serious warm fuzzies reading your post, especially the cinnamon buns and coffee bit. Mmm-mmm. Hope you had a wonderful Thanksgiving, WSP!

Winterskiprincess said...

Thank you, we did have a wonderful day. ONly bad part was when I realized that I had stuffed myself so much, that I really thought I might puke LOL. Over that now, and ready to do damage on the left overs momentarily!!

Anonymous said...

Jasmine checking back in:) Hi everybody! FYI, I'm the anon that posted a comment after mulderfan. I can't get my google acct to work when posting...

Great turkey day with DH and my 25 yo son. Loved the home-made pumpkin pie slathered with fresh whipped topping. YUMMY!!! My son soberly agreed with me that once we finally sat down to eat, we were done stuffing ourselves in 15 minutes. Sometimes I scare myself:)

Winterskiprincess said...

We took about 19 minutes, I estimated . However, still left overs to devour for some more days.