Friday, September 28, 2007

When I Said Call Me If You Needed Anything...


Always, always think twice before uttering the following words "call me if you need anything" to a divorcing family member. To my credit, I did say "except babysitting, adopting, or otherwise taking care of your kids". Note to self, keep it to "call me if you need to talk". Financial, taking your pets, getting involved in disputes between you and your spouse is all outside the realm of what I mean.
A recent phone call inspired the linked post on my business blog.
It's a very sad thing, and I feel bad, but why put MY family's health in jeopardy? It boggles the mind how thoughtless people can be. I am just grateful they let me know how much they were not taking care of their little family member BEFORE I foolishly agreed to anything.

No comments: