Thursday, November 22, 2007

Thursday Thirteen (13) Things That I am Thankful For






Okay, everyone is probably bored with this, but this is the day of Thanksgiving. So here are thirteen things I am thankful for:


  1. For my sense of humor and my husband's sense of humor. How else does anyone get along in life?

  2. Being alive and finding out that 40 is not old age. It's not okay, it's not even middle aged. So bite me.
  3. For another romantic Thanksgiving for Two at the Maine household.

  4. For the invention of hipsters. My most comfortable underwear (or boy shorts).

  5. For being born in the USA, as opposed to Middle Eastern countries where I wouldn't have made it past age 6, unfortunately.

  6. Having a husband that puts up with me. I don't know who else could.....seriously.
  7. The invention of chocolate.

  8. Not only the country that I was born into, but also the era. Victorian times or earlier wouldn't have been a time in which I would have flourished. (although I have always pictured myself running around in bloomers. Bottom line, I don't think I would have enjoyed the "actual" getups).
  9. For all the dogs in my life.
  10. For finding love early on in life, and not having to look for it now. God, can you imagine the singles scene now? I mean it was bad then, we were just to young to know it. It seemed cool then, now it just seems......awkward.
  11. The ability to change, grow, and be healthier every day.
  12. Free services like blogger, youtube, videoegg, et.
  13. Having access to the technology that I do. (which is also part of number 8, I guess)

****Frig, forgot the most important. My blogging buddies who relate to the topic of family estrangement and all it means. Thanks for your input and support these past two years. It hasn't been easy, but it has been a positive force in my adult life.

No comments: