Sunday, February 04, 2007

Holidays


I was such a looser this Christmas. I did not send out any holiday cards to family or friends, as I have been doing for years now. I also did not update the family calander which may not be so surprising .


So I am going to send out Valentines day cards this year instead. Who doesn't love getting a Valentine? But in the meantime, I thought of a fun dysfunctional family day exercise. Online blog cards of Valentines you WISH you could find at the local Hallmark store that say how you really feel. It's hard for me to tell when I am being funny or just depressing when I do these things, so I am going to try my best for humor.


I did manage to do one of these for Christmas. http://my-family-sucks.blogspot.com/2006/12/greeting-card-to-dad-and-step.html. If you are in the situation that I am in with people who are supposed to love you, yet don't, do you remember going into your local card store, and thinking "come on" to all those flowery phrases. "Dad, you were always there for me". Yeah Right. I was always looking for the humor card that in some way either did not come close to grazing the relationship, or had some kind of subtle zinger that would not be commented on.

2 comments:

crse said...

You know im all about this one. My step-sister wants to make a line of cards for these situations. "Happy birthday dad: Sometimes you didnt totally suck." etc. Did you send the card?

Winterskiprincess said...

No, the card was just for me LOL. I wouldn't waste the postage or cyber space, or time that they starting screaming bloody murder.

It's one thing when they do something horrible to you, but it's completely unacceptable for you to tell them they suck. Not that I care what's acceptable or unacceptable to them, I just don't want to waste more space in my mind on them than is absolutely necessary.

It's been nice not hearing from my dad since April 2006. Very lovely, and peaceful.