Friday, May 23, 2008

Bipolar Disorder Info

The following are links about BiPolar disorder. This is what I have, though really no tests were ever done, just descriptions of how I was feeling. Sort of a funny story, I finally went for help during a time where my company was being acquired and moving.

***Note my E Donor thought this meant I couldn't hold a job when I talked about this. However, there is little one can do when their company is closed down and moved to Wisconsin or Georgia. Oh, yes they wanted me to move to, but silly me wanted to live where I wanted to, which is on the north eastern coast near our beautiful oceans (.7 miles away baby)

It was a very stressful time. I think 9/11 had just happened to. So I waited until I thought I could talk without crying. When I got to the office however, and started to talk about it, I just balled and balled. We talked awhile about what was going on, and Me and Celexa met for the first time. What a friggin relief!! Much more able to deal with a stressful situation like I normally would (nose to the grindstone and move forward).

I just thought it was funny, here I waited until I felt my mood was under control, and it was not. This was the first time this poor doctor met me too, and I think she was a little alarmed at the response, but I have never been suicidal or prone to hurting myself during "the blues" or "the manic" periods. I have been prone to hiding under the covers, or working all night long on something that really isn't that important.

Any who here are some links:

BiPolar Misc Information

The following related conditions are also talked about (and this is what I most likely suffer from, as I function well without the meds, but truly internally feel like crappolla):

Cyclothymia or Cyclothymic Disorder
Cyclothymia is characterized by manic and depressive states, but neither state is of significant duration or intensity to warrant a diagnosis of Bipolar Disorder or of Clinical or Major Depression or Unipolar Disorder. Cyclothymic Disorder is diagnosed where there is a history of hypomania, with no previous episodes of mania or severe depression.

Dysthymic Disorder (otherwise known as Dysthymia or Dysthemia)
Dysthymic Disorder symptoms are milder and longer-lasting than those of Major Depression, and they are usually not disabling. This disorder may develop in childhood, but usually emerges in middle age. It is common for dysthymic patients to experience major depressive episodes. Also referred to as neurotic depression, minor depression, or intermittent depression, characteristics include at least a two-year history of depressed moods, with episodes lasting two or more days. Dysthymic Disorder is not severe, has less impact on daily activities, but can last for years, or even decades.

No comments: